Friday, March 16, 2012

Identity Theft


Recently I dealt with some creep who stole my money online when he used my credit card to make random purchases. Perhaps he is not a creep in real life but identity theft is theft and that makes you a creep.

Anyways back to the story…

I could have simply reported it to the police as was my first thought. However, I did not like the officer who was on duty that night.  Some online friends told me I should become my own detective and track down the thief and I began my search.

Solution:
Cancel the card. Go to the transactions area of your online account
Contact each business where the cash was used. Tell them your story.

Here is a link to an article I wrote with more detailed version of the identity theft problem, and steps to the recovery of the money. 

No comments: